Sunday 2 June 2013

You can take the girl out of Northumberland..........................

So I had another sunny Sunday on the rooftop at Pednolva Hotel. It was a scorcher like last week but this week is June and I did cast a clout as May is now out.
 
This is the result.
 
And his is why Northumbrians should never be allowed out in daylight hours in the summer.
 
Back in the day, you could tell when everyone in Alnwick had been out sunbathing on the odd day of summer as everyone at school the next day would have red faces and third degree burns. No Factor 50 for us Northerners - it was baby oil all the way. We wanted to be tanned and the only way to be tanned was to first of all go red.
 
I am confident of a brown right arm at some point in the next week or so and until then I will rub some aftersun on and hope for the best. It doesn't hurt ( yet ) but I am anticipating an uncomfortable night!
 
And next week?
 
I am aiming for a left arm to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment