Thursday 30 May 2013

Road trips, quizzes and drinks with my name on....

So I haven't blogged for a couple of days - I have been swamped mentally but feel ready to put finger to key again and get tapping. My ten Moldovans have scarpered and I'm not sure that this blog will win them back. There will be nothing vaguely Moldovan about it, but I may have to throw in  something to keep my new reader from the United Arab Emirates.
 
So far this week I have done the following -
 
My first quiz at the lovely camp site bar just outside of St Ives.
 
My daughters both work there in the summer and the people that run it needed someone to write the weekly quiz so I thought 'why not?' It was packed, the holidaymakers were all very nice, there were a few locals ( including a team of ladies from book group ) and a good time seemed to be had by all. I couldn't believe how many prople were there on Tuesday and it's only going to get busier. I managed to avoid being heckled, only one sour puss had a moan and by the time I got back my voice was hoarse from all the talking. Roll on next week for more of the same......
Oh, and my book group ladies won! I did not give them the answers beforehand so any suggestions of cheating is just downright wrong.
 
Road trip with Leanne
 
I had things to do in Plymouth. I was stressed and weepy ( as ever ) and I asked my friend Leanne to take me as she has a calm and placid disposition. Two of her kids came along and while I did my 'bits' she took them to the aquarium. We had a laugh. We talked about life, death and the universe, we quoted lines from 'Friends' and I am not sure which one of us was Geena Davies and which one was Susan Sarandon and we didn't meet Brad Pitt but it was a good old Thelma and Louise road trip. We also didn't drive off a canyon at the end, obviously.
 
Drinks with my name on
 
I know it's not good for you, but I do like a nice icy diet coke. Since Coca-Cola have started making them with people's names on I have hunted high and low ( a bit like A-Ha) to find one with at the very least an 'Elizabeth'..............and BINGO today I found it!
 
I drank rather a lot of voddie last night with friends so will not be adding anything to this as , although I am not feeling hungover, my liver definitely needs a rest.
 
My non-diet update!
 
I am skipping fat club for the second week on the trot. I have not eaten any chocolate ( apart from last night and that was only a bit ) , I have not eaten tons of bread, I have not been especially hungry, I have eaten fruit and I haven't laced everything in lard so it's all good so far. I would love to jump on my faithful scales but they are not here so I can't really obsess about if I have or have not dropped a few pounds but I am feeling ok so that's a good sign.
 
Getting a bit overwhelmed for the weeks ahead.
 
It's funny when you seem to do nothing for months and then everything happens at once isn't it? I do not have a calendar as I have a fairly sharp brain and I am glad I do not have a calendar as there would be many writings and crossings out and more writings in different coloured pens on it and that would make me think 'oh shit'. The first 3 weeks of June are busy busy busy, but I appear to thrive on stress so I shall just get on with all my plans as usual.
 
Sleep
 
I definitely need more of it.
 
Blogging
 
I am still trying to do one a day but sometimes life gets in the way.
 
Moldova
 
Who?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment