Thursday 2 May 2013

Burgasms are the best!

So today is my favourite day of the week. Today is Thursday and that means fat club, weigh in, pep talk and then TAKEAWAY!
 
 What's not to like?
 
Inspired by Leanne's blog today I ask, are we ever really happy with ourselves?
 
The diet industry has seen us fatties coming - I know we're not exactly hard to miss but they play on our insecurities and rob us blind.
 
I saw a great post on facebook the other day which said
 
I wish I was as fat as I was when I thought I was fat
 
and how true it is.
 
Almost every friend I have ( apart from Debbie, the cow ) seems to be on some sort of a diet. Slimming World, Weight Watchers, 5:2 Fasting, The Atkins, The Tesco Diet, Low Carbs, High Carbs, Don't even look at Carbs and Stick it up your arse Carbs.
 
Yes, they're all out there and we all try our hardest. Sometimes too hard.
 
I tried to make bang bang chicken this week for example and it was a flop. I relayed this to the fellow fat clubbers tonight when the consultant asked  if anyone had 'tried anything new this week'.
 
When I mentioned the words 'bang bang chicken', the rest of the class sat up like meerkats on a hot rock but I had to burst their bubble and tell them it was a culinary disaster. They were sad and everyone knows, there's nothing like a morose fatty. I then pointed out to Esther sitting next to me that I like a saucy bang bang chicken, infact I like more bang bang than chicken and it made her laugh and tea came down her nose a bit so at least I had a laugh....even if it was at her expense.
 
I also lost 1.5 pounds - that's 10 pounds in 5 weeks. I have a way to go but it has made me think that I am going to try really hard this week in a week where I have 4 social engagements ( ooh get me) so it will be some self imposed tough love.
 
I also had burger and chips to celebrate my weight loss and I nearly had a burgasm it was so nice.
 
That's it though - no more - til next week!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Well done with the weight loss, Liz. 9lbs myself in three weeks on 5:2. Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete