Monday 13 May 2013

My dog still has 4 legs but he has to sleep in a cage!

So Mutley went off to the vets this morning. I wished him luck and didn't look too deeply into his big sorrowful brown eyes. I bit my tongue and gulped back the tears and spent the whole day dreading the news that his leg would have to go.
 
 Three o clock could not come soon enough for me and when 'Steve' the vet said that his operation seemed to have been successful that I finally breathed a sigh of relief.
 
He is on his way home now and has to be caged while he recupirates. This should be fun.
 
According to Wikipedia, English springer spaniels are -
 
 an affectionate, excitable breed
 
and dear Mutley is more so than most.
 
If I go out he shakes and whimpers when I come home, he is a big boy and likes to sit on me, he never gets tired out on his walks so I am sort of guessing that the cage is going to be a bit of a challenge.
 
Maddie doesn't like the boys dogs so souldn't give two hoots that one has been missing today - it's one less for her to snarl at. Freddy however, has been pining for his big brother and I think that it may be a problem keeping them apart.
 
He is now home and I could screech. he could not look more fed up if he tried.
 
 
And now I have to build a cage.................

No comments:

Post a Comment