Saturday 22 February 2014

Cake, Couch and Cauliflower.....and will 1.5 pounds make me look different?

So I had some of the cake. I don't think Mary Berry or Mr Kipling have anything to worry about. I had it with sweetened quark plopped on the top and I had it for breakfast. And why not?  I was feeling a little continental.
 
I took some up to Leanne and she gave me a bowl of rogan josh and rice and for this I needed naan bread and it just so happens I saw a recipe for 'bread' last night on Facebook which involves -
 
Cauliflower
Eggs
Herbs
Onion
Cheese
A bloody miracle
 
It is now in my oven. I didn't pulse the boiled  cauliflower enough and there is a stalk of it sticking up in the middle, almost like a vegetable erection. I am an optimist when it comes to food though so I am crossing everything that it tastes better than it looks.
 
I have also downloaded the couch to 5k app back onto my iPhone and starting Monday I am going to do it. I started last September but life got in the way a bit and I only went twice and I deleted the app and got one about BMI instead. I am going to the beach ( again ) to do it and am going with Leanne ( again ) to do it but as I am a lot lighter than a few months ago I am hoping that I can actually run without wearing 2 bras and wheezing after a few yards. It will give any dog walkers and people enjoying a coffee with a view something to laugh at. There will be photos.
 
And I was thinking today about my last elusive 1.5 pounds.
 
Will that amount of weight really make me look any different?
It will mean that I don't have to pay to go to fat club any more but I cant work out which part of my body it will disappear from. IF I could choose it would be my tummy. I quite like my boobs and my arms and legs and I am scared of scraggy neck syndrome so the belly would be the obvious place. I am never going to have a washboard stomach on account of the fact that I have had kids and I would like to point out that M was an absolute whopper and 17 years on it still brings tears to my eyes thinking about it . But beggars cant be choosers and IF that last bit does go then unfortunately I will have to be happy about where it goes from.
 
And on a final note. Young Freddy my baby springer will be losing a couple of pounds himself on Monday. He is booked in for the removal of his crown jewels. I have told him all about it and he looked a bit worried but I'm afraid that he has become a little aggressive towards Mutley and we need to get rid of some of the testosterone. It has caused a lot of arguments in my house but I have put my foot down. The richest vet in Cornwall has said to bring him over by 8.30 and hopefully when he is licking his wounds he will realise there is a consequence to his actions.
 
Poor Freddy. It will hurt me a lot more than it will hurt him.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment