Wednesday 12 February 2014

Bottoms up - another 2 gone..........

So I lost 2 more!
 
 
I got my 2 and a half stone certificate and this means I have lost 5 stone 3 all together. I still feel washed out but I am happy. In 2 pounds time I will be at the target weight I have set myself and I will still be a curvy girl - just a LOT less curvier than I was so it's all good.
 
No amount of dieting will give me small boobs and school boy hips and I have to come to terms with that and be proud of what I have accomplished.
 
Now as I am a very British person I am going to talk about the weather.
 
The weather is crap.
 
There, I have said all am I am saying as it's frankly too depressing to dwell on.
 
So how is my week ahead looking at the moment?
 
Well Friday is the beginning of half term and that therefore means the visitors return to St Ives. I am guessing that a few may not make it due to the awful driving conditions but we are still all systems go here.
 
M is off to London with her friend on Saturday. She is 17 and her friend is 16 and I am not going to worry about it at all. They are spreading their wings and that's what us parents should let them do. Of course, I am going to be a wreck but I want both my kids to experience life and to do this then I must block out any what ifs. I remember when H went to uni 3 years ago and I would feel sick inventing all sorts of scenarios but she is now a grown up and capable woman that can live on her own and cook a meal without blowing up the house etc and that is what I have to remember.
 
And a final word about Gill - one year gone and if she was here today she would have some very strong opinion about all the wind and the rain. I miss hearing her laugh and stroking her dogs and having our general day to day moans. One good thing that has arisen in the last year ? I have got to know her husband Mike so much better and until now I didn't realise what a funny and wonderful man he is. We talk about Gill lots and laugh at what she would do in various situations, so even if she is not here, then her spirit most definitely is.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment