Monday 11 February 2013

Facebook - good or bad?

So after yesterday's mega depressing blog I thought I would buck my ideas up and crack on with life.
 
I then had terrible news from home.
 
I'm not going to blog about it because it is of a sensitive nature but it made me think to myself that my worries are pretty trivial in comparison to that of others.  I haven't stopped thinking about it since and all I can do is hope and pray and send positive vibes and good thoughts and lots of love to the people that need it.
 
It's strange that I still call the place that I haven't properly lived in since 1987 'home' isn't it? It has changed a lot since I lived there and I would now struggle to visit what with my Dad no longer being around ( when I went to scatter his ashes I felt almost like an intruder ) but it's where I was born and where my roots are and anything that happens there, whether to people I know well or just vaguely remember has a profound impact.
 
It's times like this I am thankful for Facebook. It can be fun, it can be naughty, it can be bitchy, it can make you laugh and cry. One thing it does do without a shadow of a doubt is connect you to people that you may never have heard from again in your life.
 
For this reason it is good. It has enabled people to send messages of love and support to those that need it and I am sure that it has made a lot of people ( myself included ) think about the fragility of life and relationships and how precious they are.
 
And that's all I have to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment