Friday 12 April 2013

Wine and wet lettuces.

So I have been a blogging slut - so what?
 
 I have had things on my plate - and haven't been too inspired. But the good news is - I am today!
 
It's been a tough couple of weeks for one reason and another. I will not bore you with all the details but I have been pushed and pulled in various directions and I now feel like a wet one of these
 
Is it just me or does everyone just want to be 'left alone' sometimes?
 
For me it's a lot of the time.
 
Am I depressed? - I don't think so.
 
Am I miserable? - Yes definitely......but not all of the time.
 
Life is tough and sometimes it just gets tougher and tougher but you just have to man up and crack on with it. I sometimes suprise myself with how strong I can be but other times I disappoint myself too.
 
Take wine for example - I flipping  love the stuff and had 3 large glasses with some friends the other night. Now back in the day I could down a bottle without batting an eyelid but not any more.........
 
Let's just say that yesterday I felt a bit 'worse for wear'. There was a headache involved, there was some palpatations involved, there was an incident involving Freddie and some chocolate cupcakes and as I pride myself on being honest when blogging, I'm not going to lie , there was also some vomitting of a projectile nature. It's not big and it's not clever and it happened.
 
I hope to God that it doesn't put me off the red stuff for life. I enjoy it too much to give it up but maybe next time I shall stick to just the 2 glasses.
 
On a positive note - I lost 4 pounds in weight this week. The cynics amongst you may credit this to the loss of bodily fluids yesterday and the fact that all I had eaten was one tiny slice of toast but I am still chuffed. Onwards and downwards for me.
 
And thankfully, another part of my life is soon drawing to a close - BLOODY QUIZ NIGHT! We played last night ( and won ) and I think there is now only 2 more. This makes me happy. After 12 years of doing it I still dont know the periodic table ( nor do I want to ). any European football teams ( ditto ) and which king fought which battle a gazillion years ago. My Thursdays will be my own again - so you see, life isn't all that bad!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment