Tuesday 17 December 2013

Dirty burgers, chips, slut drops and the lack of a tree.

So I have been here and there and everywhere! I am going to do this blog in the form of a detailed list because I am going to get confused if I don't.
 
1. I ate chips! To celebrate finishing my antibiotics I ate a bag of chips on Friday night. They were sublime.
2. I drove to Cardiff on Saturday and when there,  I ate a dirty burger and some more chips. They were sublime.
3. I drove back from Cardiff with H in the car and then had an X Factor final party . Wine was consumed and  a tin of the Roses reserved for Christmas were opened. They too were sublime.
 
Are you sensing a pattern here? Yes I have fallen off the wagon but I did manage to climb back on it yesterday morning and I have weighed and I am still going to waddle into fat club tomorrow and face the music. It wont be pretty and there may be a hissy fit but I will still go.
 
At our XF party H suggested some party games that she likes playing at uni. One involved picking up a cardboard box with your teeth and not putting your hands on the floor. After each round the box gets cut and made smaller and one of my friends who's name begins with an 'M' astonished us with her flexibility...............or has H worded it - check out the slut drops!
 
I was knackered as the journey back was horrendous due to torrential rain and high winds but I did laugh a lot and think how lucky I am to have such a fab group of friends.
 
Now you may want to call the NSPCC after I announce the next bit.
 
My tree is still unerected!
 
I took my friend to buy a real one today and I have to say it did smell lovely in the back of my car.
 
Another friend sent me a picture of his pop up twenty quid tree from Argos and I said it looked very kitsch but in a nice way.
 
My tree is under the stairs in a box. We have grand plans to get it out tomorrow and get it up. I am trying really hard to like Christmas, honest I am but I just don't like my tree up too early. Plus my cat will trash it and I am sure at least one of the spaniels will run off with a bauble and as I have the cold and don't want noise and disruption I am trying to put off the inevitable.
 
I also haven't really bought any presents but Sunday is the day when it will all be done! I am determined and nothing will stop me. Not even the thought of all the crowds and screaming kids and stress - I will get it done.
 
I have taken next week off from fat club and along with the box of half eaten Roses there is also a box of Quality Street. I will buy no more chocolate and will drink all the booze because I am going dry from 9am on New Years Day ................and it's all for charity!
 
Should be interesting...........

No comments:

Post a Comment