Tuesday 26 April 2011

Pies, Eggs and Pizzas.........

Ok well we have Easter out the way and I am proud to say that not a single chocolate egg has passed my lips! At the risk of sounding like my mother, I actually think that they are a waste of money and I didn't buy any at all - not even for the kids, but as the kids are now 14 and 18 then I wont feel too guilty....

Easter for us is busy and not a time to relax and laze around eating chocolate and it obviously paid off as I lost another 3 pounds this week and am bang on target for my Take That expedition when I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week. We also have 4 weeks remaining on the 12 week challenge and I have 7 pounds left to lose which , dare I say it, I think I will achieve. If I'm a couple of pounds short, I'm sure my kind hearted sponsors will still stump up the cash but I'm hoping that i do it all.

We had a taster session this morning at Fat Club and yesterday I was a busy bee. After the success of my 'Lizagne' at the last taster session I was determined to create another crowd pleaser so it was all guns blazing in my kitchen . For the sweet toothed fellow fat clubbers I made what was described as a 'roulade' in the recipe but I would have described it as more of a 'posh swiss roll' - it's not something I would normally eat ( honestly! ) but it's amazing what a bit of quark, low fat sweetner and vanilla essence can do!
My other dish of the day was a 'pizza' . This was quite an intricate operation as the base was made of mashed potato ( don't ask ) and I asked Martha to be the guinea pig and try a slice when it was fresh out of the oven. Bearing in mind, Martha has tonsilitis and was obviously hallucinating, she said it was 'minging' but Maddie ( aka sweet potato humous refusing dog ) gulped it down. Once I had left it in the fridge overnight however, it tasted quite nice this morning. There was a couple of slices left which I donated to Mary, the weighing lady at Fat Club, but she claimed a freak accident which resulted in the loss of the pizza so I'm not convinced that everyone else enjoyed it that much.
Has anyone seen the epiosde of Friends wheree Rachel makes a trifle with minced beef and peas? If you have, you'll know what I mean.............

Tonight's 'treat' has been chicken and mushroom pie and chips with ( I'm Northern ) peas and gravy and I have to say I am now giddy with pleasure. I am enjoying a beautiful glass of  Hardy's Australian merlot and the sun is still out so I feel quite positive for the week ahead. Lots of work and lots of new recipes...........I may even be brave and attempt the pizza again- just call me Domino!

No comments:

Post a Comment