Tuesday 8 March 2011

It's been too long.............

Ok everybody - I think we have established that I'm not the most regular blogger in the world but sometimes life ( and merlot ) get in the way.............

To update you all - I have now lost 22 of the 50 pounds that I aimed to shift prior to my date with Robbie and the gang on June 22 nd - I am very pleased about this as, after a shaky start to the year I am remaining relatively positive and focused.

To add more pressure to my already hectic life I have undertaken Slimming World's 12 week challenge and I am aiming to lost one and a half stone in the next ( you guessed it ) 12 weeks and I am doing it in aid of the British Heart Foundation. I have had some very generous pledges from people and I am determined to succeed. My dear Dad died 3 years ago and I miss  him so much. His post mortem revealed that he had heart disease and how I wish I could turn the clock back and say 'go to the doctors Dad' but , I can't so that is why I am doing this for the BHF. I know that he would be proud of me - he always nagged me about my weight - and I would like to think that somewhere he is spurring me on.........

I have had a few wobbles this week ( and not just in the buttocks area) due to my naughty habit of being a closet serial weigher. I don't think I pay a trip to my bathroom without a cheeky hop on the scales and so have decided to give up my scales for Lent! I am a ( lapsed ) Catholic and Lent used to be quite a big part of our lives so I have decided that the scales need to be sacrificed.  I am nearly chocolate free these days and I am not strong enough to give up my bottle of merlot on a Tuesday so my only other  'guilty pleasure' was the scales.My friend Bella is going to look after them for me and will return them to me on Easter Sunday with hopefully a Cadbury's Buttons easter egg.............

I have been back at Slimming World for 10 weeks now and this will be the first week that I am doing without the constant weighing and scrutinising - hopefully it will work or I will be a knocking on Bella's door. I hope she is brave enough to tell me to do one!

No comments:

Post a Comment